Ears are draining but doesn't seem to be hurting

Daughters ears have seem to be draining latly. When i look inside , i can see a little of brown,l ike the was has been running. On both sides. But they don't seem to be bothering her like she has an ear ache or anything. I always try to swab them out after a bath and usually get a little wax but not much. IS she trying to get an ear infection? Or is that pretty normal? Should i use peroxide to clean them out? Before the pediatrician said not to clean there ears with regular q tips because a lot of times we can cause it to be worse bu [ushing it farther in there. So i use the baby q tips to swab with. It is an ear infection or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds to me like she has gotten water in her ears from bathtime. if it is not bothering her i would say just clean them out and keep an eye on them...make sure it doesn't change colors..my daughter has this too and it's just water getting in her ears...good luck!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009