What where you doing when you went in labor and how long did you wait to go to the hospital?

Ex: Sleeping, cleaning, shopping etc.

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was at work teaching my middle school students when my water broke in front of them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i was enjoying my bf's company *wink wink* when the contractions started i then waited for 30 hrs to go to the hospital
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• omg vickwu! I was at the hospital(scheduled induction)
    Anonymous

• My husband and I were actually staying at my parents house overnight because my husband was in the process of finishing the wood floors and I had felt weird all day but thought that I had gas and finally it got so bad in the middle of the night that we went to the hospital and I was dialated at 9CM upon arrival and had the baby about an hour after I got to the hospital. I am not an example of the way birth usually goes. I got lucky.
    lovemybaby1313

Answer by lovemybaby1313 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah it was crazy. I work with severe special needs kiddos and talk about freaking them out. my contractions started about 10 mins after that. I called the doctor and had to go straight to the hospital. I was almost 39 weeks along so it wasnt anything early.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My water broke and I waited about 2 hours before going in. It was a good thing too because right after I got to the hospital my conractions were in full swing.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 2:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Different for all 3. I was at home by myself with my oldest. I thought I was having indigestion from the chili dogs I ate at the fair at first, then they started getting harder and more often. I don't remember exactly what I was doing, just hanging around the house. I went into the hospital at about 11 that night because we didn't want to rush in the middle of the night. I had him the next morning. With my DD, I was sleeping and the contractions woke me up. I went to the hospital at about 8 that evening, had her at 3 am. With my youngest, I was on a walk in the woods with my kiddos. Went into labor in late afternoon, cooked dinner, put kids to bed, slept for a while. They started getting bad early in the morning. We went to the hospital around lunch time. He was born at 3 pm.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I didn't go into labor until I was at the hospital because I was induced.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• With my first I was trying to go to bed and the contractions were only about 5 min apart. I tried taking a bath, walking, rocking and talking to my mom who made me call the midwife. I went to the hospital after about 3 hours. With my second 2 I was induced b/c of complications.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• with my first son i was at a friends house watching the movie "boogieman" (spelling?)
    I started to notice the contractions were about 5 mins apart.
    I waited 19 hours to go the hospital. 9 hours later I finally had him!

With my second son I was induced 3 weeks after my due date... so I was already at the hospital lol
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009