If trying to loose some weight (if any, meaning if u dare) where would you begin?

I know alot of people say they want to loose weight but it is so hard I have noticed if you set yourself for a very big goal you end up giving up. But if you tell yourself ok I am going to loose 2lbs this week and waalaa?

Now can someone please tell how to get started?...lol
Or where would you begin, I need to loose alittle something something in two weeks atleast to just feel good in wearing my jeans and a nice top. (Or give me alittle advice) on what to wear to a casual party in doors the ex will be there and I want to look g-0-0-d if you know what I mean...:() I am a size 10 and 30lbs over :(

Thanks in adavance Ladies, What would we do without eachother :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• start changing what you eat. one week cut out sodas and drink water, the next week start cutting your portions by a spoonful. all the while start setting aside a day to go for a walk. start off one week as one day for a 30 min. walk, then week two for two 30 min walks and so on. baby steps =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Are you a quality eater or quantity?
    I'm a quantity.. I used to be 155 after baby now I am 130.

Start eating low cal soup and salad before each meal, and you'll see you'll be eating much less of the entree. Worked for me...

I also started being more active.. like turning the radio on and jammin out. A funner way than hitting the gym.

Good Luck! =D
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Fitday.com and thedailyplate.com are really good. I lost 20+ pounds in feb. almost 35 in total. I started out at 170. I cut my calorie intake down to 1200 calories a day. No soda. For the first week, no salt, no coffee, no sugar. Lots of fresh veggies and lean meets. You can so do it. I'm stuck now around 137 so its back to eating 2000 cals for a few days then dropping down to 800 cals for a few and lot of lemon water. My goal is to be 125 by the summer. Good Luck
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 3:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• simple changes first like switch from 2% to skim milk. Take cheese out of everything, use splenda instead of sugar, simple changes make a huge difference. Walking is also another thing i would start immediately.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• change eating habits (reduce calories and carbs and increase protein), do strength training with weights, use resistence bands. There was a time when I did CALLENETICS (an exercise by Callen Pinckney). She called it body scuplting. It was deep muscle exercises but gentle to do. No impack stuff but you got a serious workout. Many times you didn't lose weight but you shifted the weight to make your body look good in those jeans and top. Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat so even if you take off the fat the muscle will make the scale not change...but your shape can change.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009