How do you help with teething?

He doesnt want the teether or anything else cooled. How can I help with the teething?

Sbrewer

Asked by Sbrewer at 2:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby oragel & infant's motrin or tylenol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We have been rubbing orajel on our baby's gums and we have also been giving him infants tylenol drops. Also, putting the teething rings in the freezer just long enough to get them nice and cold seems to provide some relief as well.
    lovemybaby1313

Answer by lovemybaby1313 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• teething drops work great. don't use orajel, that just toughens their gums and makes it harder for the teeth to get through, thus, the teething takes longer and more painful. you can get baby carrots and give that to him to teeth on, i do that with my kids. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We use teething tablets by Hyland's. I give three tablets and we use the pacifier to help her swallow them. They are completely homeopatic and it seems to help a little longer then the baby orajel.
    You can find the teething tablets at Wal Mart in the baby sections or a natural food store like Whole Foods.
    Kerrkitti

Answer by Kerrkitti at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• MY son had nothing to do with any type of teether or wash cloth or warm or cold anything - we used to teething tablets, tylenol, motrin and oragel - he's still VERY affected by teething at 17 months
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I used Hyland's Teething Tablets and Gripe Water
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Get an electric toothbrush (Crest spinbrush $6), a soft one, and massage the gums with it....it softens the gum tissue so they dont have to push thru so hard. I also use Hylands, homeopathic teething tablets ( I don't like orajel) and a wet washcloth. Good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009