Does infantile eczema ever go away or will my son have eczema his whole life?

My son has infantile eczema and I just wondering if it is something that will go away over time. He is 6 months old if that helps. Thank you.

lovemybaby1313

Asked by lovemybaby1313 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd had eczema on her face and backs of her legs really bad until she was about 9mos old... it's cleared up some on her legs & all the way on her face. she gets dry patches on her legs still but i keep lotion on her & she's fine (she's 2 now btw)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have exzema and have had it my whole life. I only get small little patches here and there now. Nothing over dime size.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son had horrible eczema for his first year and it got progressively better every year. He is five now and hasn't had a single patch this winter.
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My second son had this condition for a few months after birth and has never suffered another bout of it and he is almost seventeen. My daughter however, never had a sign of it until she was about twelve, she got some really stubborn patches and now she is almost fifteen and seems to be growing back out of it~ It seems to be unique to each individual.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009