do you believe....

that jesus was really god's son? if so, why hasn't god had more children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christ was God's only begotten son, but we are all spirit children of Him. There aren't more begotten children because we only need one Savior.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• one savior or one great prophet?
    Anonymous

• There was a purpose in sending Jesus. He was special and sent there to teach the word to us here on earth and take our punishment for our sin.
    Anonymous

• No, I do not believe Jesus was anything more than a regular human being.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 3:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No, I do not believe that.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No.
    However, I was raised to believe that God was our Heavenly Father and we were all his sons and daughters. So technically he did have more kids if you believe along those lines.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes Jesus is God's son but they are as one.. Jesus is God in the flesh..
    Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
    Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This is a toughie. Yes, Jesus was God's son - according to the scriptures. God sent him specifically for the purpose of dying for the sins of man. Why He didn't "Have any more children" I can't say, as I'm not God. I do like hinson7169's answer in regards to Revelation - it does say he was the first and the last . . . maybe it was too painful for God to go through it again?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes I believe Jesis is God's Son. His only Begotten Son. There is no need for another son.
    As christians we are God's adopted Children.

but it's not like he 'had children' -Jesus has always existed- just like God has always existed.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Believe it or not we as believers are HIS children! Jesus just happens to be His ONLY Son who was God come in the flesh.
    Believers are Sons and Daughters of the Kingdom soooo He has many children! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009