Do you think you can spoil a baby?

bmoeblest

Asked by bmoeblest at 3:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• totally! my son was spoiled at 4 months, i got that out of him quick. i babysat a baby and he was SO spoiled, and normally doctors say you can't spoil a baby before 6 months, so the day he turned 6 months i proclaimed him spoiled lol. isn't it amazing how we have that magic age? i don't see after having children people don't realize that you CAN spoil a baby as young as 2 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i held my baby all the time, she wasn't & still isn't spoiled
    Anonymous

• No, babies need love and attention. They need to be held and comforted. You can't spoil a child with love, ever.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Eh - my son was held ALL the time due to colic and he's still pretty clingy but I wouldn't say he's spoiled - he just NEEDED me more than some babies do to their parents
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nope. There is no way for a baby to cry for something he does not NEED. Go to the Empathic Parenting website for an overview of the facts about caring for your baby. They have psychologists, doctors, parents and social workers contributing to their advice.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nope. I held all my kids all the time, never let them cry and they were never spoiled
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nope. Not at all.

PARENTS are the ones who get spoiled by thinking they actually get something silly as time to themselves! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't think holding a baby all the time is the only way to show love.... babies need good old fashioned time to hangout out on a blanket get in some tummy time and be alone for a min. My friend held her baby constantly the kid didn't learn to walk till she was over 3! I read the baby whisperer with my 1st it has alot of good advice on encouraging self soothing without leaving a baby to cry it out.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009