How bad is soda?

Im 29 weeks and I drink like a pepsi a day, is that extremely bad considering im carrying twins?

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im a caffeine addict and still drink about 3-4 cans a day. (before being preg i would drink about 2-3 cups of coffee in the a.m. then 5-6 cans of coke a day) so i say you are doing way better than me! i drank the same amount of soda with my daughter and shes fine
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• don't know about the twin thing, but i drank pepsi all the time during my pregnancies...my kids are fine
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was always on the caffeine whether from coffee, sodas, or chocolate bars. I wouldnt say it's bad for you or your babies per say. It's just not healthy. One pepsi a day is nothing compared to what other pregnant ladies are consuming in a day. I'm one of them :)
    If you are really worried about it, change your pepsi to caffeine free pepsi.
    I ate atleast one chocolate bar a day and drank excessive amounts of caffeinated products. My dd came out perfect.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You'll be just fine with 1 a day...Heck even 2 a day but for obvious reasons, milk or water is better :)

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my daughter I drank it all the time, that was my only craving. The doctors swear its like drinking poison while pregnant but my daughter was perfect. However if you put a 2x4 in a bucket of Coke it will eat through the wood overnight. So I think your the only judge of that.
    kelseysmom0327

Answer by kelseysmom0327 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009