When did you stop working?

I work at a job where i'm on my feet the entire time I am there, and I also have to lift boxes (some pretty heavy). I also do tons of bending all the way to the floor and back up, and honestly, it's getting tiring. lol. IDK when I should call it quits for awhile. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but it's just really starting to get exhausting.
When did you stop going to work while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hi!

im pregnant with twins and i was working at Walgreen's i qit at 2months because i was lifting and bending like u ! plus the lunch room and office was in the basement with no elavator i started getting  pains in my hips like if they were locked i thought im pregnant and im going to enjoy especially since it's my first :)

mymiracletwins

Answer by mymiracletwins at 11:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• with my 1st baby i worked up until the day i was admitted to the hospital to have her... i was a medical assistant & on my feet all day (had her the next morning)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• sounds like my job while i was pregnant with my second. i was and still am a sahm. sorry sweety but that's somthing you do during your second pregnancy, lift your first kid, bend down to clean things up, on your feet chasing them...i even did that while i was preggo the first time, i was working as a preschool teacher, only that time i had 16 kids, not one. i quit that job at 6 months, but not because of the pregnancy, it was all the drama that was going on and i was sick of it. i couldn't afford to quit, but i did anyway cuz it was getting really bad.
    Anonymous

• I know it's tough but staying active will really help with the delivery and recovery time. Just be careful on lifting anything really heavy. I stopped working 3 days before I went into labor and that was because it was the weekend. I was a teacher and on my feet all day and I used to come home and walk for 1 hour every night. I had a great pregnancy and I think staying active helped.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• With my first I worked till I went into labor and I was on my feet all day as well. Anything that was way too heavy a male co worker kindly helped me. I think me working like that actually help with my L&D. Total L&D was 5 and 1/2 hours.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• With my first I was a CNA and they fired me when I was 5 mo b/c I was pregnant (I was within my first 90 days) after that noone wanted to hire me b/c I was so big and pregnant. With my second 2 up until I had them. With this one I'm waiting to see with this one b/c I'm atemp and they said they'll let me know by the end of May if they want to hire me on (I'm due in July).
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• With my son I worked up until a week before he was born. I finally called my boss one day and told him I was just too fat to work anymore. I worked in fast food at the time and it wasn't easy work and I was just tired. this time around I quit as soon as I found out. My boss was a total bitch and often sent me home either wanting to kill people or crying and I decided for the $200 a month I was making it wasn't worth the stress. I will be going to school next semester though, I am due right in the middle of the semester. Planning on bringing my newborn to class with me so there won't be any real break.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009