How old are girls when they start fixing their own hair?

LesaJ

Asked by LesaJ at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was in second grade, and lemme tell you I came up with some pretty interesting hair styles
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 6-7 when they feel they are ready...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Depends on the kid... My DD would go without washing or brushing her hair if we had let her but when she was almost 13 she started taking better care of it and styling it but I know others that are worried about it at 6 or 7. :)
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My daughter will be 9 in May. She will wash her own hair and brush it. She usually leaves it down, but sometimes does a ponytail or clips, maybe a headband. No styling products yet and she's not too interested in the blow dryer either...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My DD is 9 and I still do her hair. She is biracial with a full head of fuzzy curl. It's hard to brush through or do anything with. But I only brush it, put some stuff in it, and put it in a pony tail.
    Anonymous

• I didn't until I was 13.
    Anonymous