Opinions on a chair for a nursery needed!

This is my first baby and I want to get a chair for her nursery and for some reason this task is really stressing me out! My main question is - does it HAVE to rock? What do you moms think? I was going to get a glider but the reviews for any glider I've found are AWFUL, a regular rocking chair isnt comfortable to me, I am starting to consider just getting a regular comfy armchair/recliner or something instead, but obviously most of those don't rock...do I need something that rocks???

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, you don't NEED a rocker, i used a glider & loved it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a glider but it broke. So now we have a recliner that rocks...LOVE IT!!! I say, YES! IT HAS TO ROCK! I love rocking my baby. It's just so sweet! Don't stress! Go and find you a comfy rocker recliner so if you fall asleep in the chair at least you can prop your feet up!
    lizaye

Answer by lizaye at 3:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i had a big comfy couch chair in my daughters room..i dont like rocking chairs..lol..they make me dizzy..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes, it has to rock! I consider a glider the same thing as a rocker, just a little different. I have a glider and I love it. My father ordered it from Walmart.com and over 2 years later, it's still going strong. Here is a link to the one I have.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4433177
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• With my first I didn't have a chair in his room I had a huge chair in our living room, it looked like the chair on blues clues except it was green, sooo comfy and right next to a 55 gallon fish tank.. That was so relaxing to nurse him by... After 6 yrs I had 2 more babies and bought a used rocking chair at a flea market, and I loved it... They are 5 and 6 now and I still have it, it sits low to the ground and nice and wide.. I looked it up online, I gave 40 bucks for it and found out it's an antique worth about 1000.00....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• WE HAD A BIG LAZY BOY AND I REALLY RECOMMEND IT! YOU CAN ROCK YOUR CHILD ,YOUR ALSO COMFORTABLE AND IF YOU NEED TO SLEEP IN THERE IT RECLINES! YOU CAN ALSO GET A SLIP COVER THAT MATCHES THE THEME OF THE ROOM!AND YES YOU REALLY DO NEED SOMETHING THAT ROCKS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I loved my glider! We still have it to this day - 13 years later
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• They do have rocking chairs that are really big and comfy like regular chairs.
    Try baby Depo
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009