Have you split water in a laptop and it ruined it?

I have a mini dell laptop and my dd just spilt water in it. Will it ruin it? it seems to be working ok so far but I only had it on for a few minutes and shut it off because I wasnt sure what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• OMG that is terrible!!!

Try laying it upside down with a fan blowing on it so it will dry up the little water that is in it.
    If it is working right now then that is an ok sign but do what I mention above atleast it will dry up whatever water is left. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't know about a lap top,but last week i knocked over my large sonic dr. pepper, and it went all over my keyboard, and i cleaned as much as i could but some of the key sitill stick when i push them. Mostly the numbers. It is so aggrevating. If you cleaned it right up hopefully if will be okay. If not then they really should make those thinkg more durable. I mean accidents happen. Good Luck
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have spilled water and ruined my keyboard to the point that I thought my laptop was ruined forever. I ordered a new keyboard from eBay and installed it (was actually very easy) and it works great with no problems.
    Good luck!
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• turn it off! flip it over it over and let it dry out. Don't use it for a day or so. It should be fine after it dries out.
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 11:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009