What do you know about Exercise induced Asthma?

The more info I can get the better. Thank you.

dani28

Asked by dani28 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• I actually have it. I teach dance and exercise, and it got so that I couldn't teach because I was coughing uncontrollably. The doctor diagnosed my problem, prescribed a couple inhalers, and after a year or so of using them to control the symptoms, I discovered that I no longer needed to use them all the time but only when there is a flare up. I do avoid being out in the wind, and I find if I exercise in the cold that I may have a problem.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have exercise induced asthma. I only have issues when I run, go up and down stairs too fast, climb steep hills, etc. I use my inhaler about 20 min before I know I will be exercising. I also take SIngulair every night. I know my limits and work within those. When I have problems, it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I cough a lot. I take a few puffs of my inhaler and usually am fine. I know to stay inside when it is really humid or cold. Talk to you doctor, they should be giving you all kinds of info or google or try webmd.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009