What Health Insurance do you use??

I am a newly single mom. I am in the middle of a divorce battle with my husband. He is Army. So once the divorce is final I loose all benefits. I could care less about most of them, except for the medical. I have either been a Military dependant or a Service member myself my entire life. So adjusting to not having Tricare will be intresting. I dont need coverage for my kids, they will stay under him while he is in the Military. I just need it for myself. I need it at a low deducable but I need full coverage and dental. Any Ideas?

LisaMarie816

Asked by LisaMarie816 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama. It's $80 a month for just me. Check online for some good deals.
    lilahsmommy

Answer by lilahsmommy at 3:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have Kaiser in N. CA through work for me and my family...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't have any and never will again! I have Ameriplan Medical/Dental discount program... I spend just $39.95 a month on my plan and put $160 a month in my HSA (Health Savings Acount)... This puts my total healthcare cost at just $200 a month - Much less than the $890+ that my old insurance company costed... And I don't have to worry about co-pays because all my medical costs are covered by the HSA and Ameriplan discounts EVERYTHING!

My hubby went to the dentist and the bill came to just over $600 - We only paid $243... Plus should anything happen and we need the money in the HSA we can deduct it from the account (although then we have to pay taxes on it)

You don't have to put anything in the HSA but that's the best way it works for us...
    Anonymous

• I was just comming in to tell you a similar story about Ameriplan...

I am an Independent business owner with them so I only pay $30 a month but it's the same deal. My husband is on a bi-weekly prescription and we are discounted 60% on it... Plus we save hundreds on everything else.

Check out what we can offer you at www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com
    Anonymous

• Oh God! Don't let those people sell you Ameriplan. Hardly anybody takes that!
    lilahsmommy

Answer by lilahsmommy at 6:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Please stay away from Ameriplan.
    Anyway, I recommend going online to Blue Cross Blue Shield of your state. If your very healthy are rarely see a Dr. I would recommend a high deductible HSA plan. Your deductible is high and your premium is lower. Then you open an HSA account and it's like a savings account. You can put back however much per month you want. It's tax deductible. If that is too confusing or scary for you, Blue cross blue shield has tons of plans to choose from, at least in my state. You should be able to compare benefits and prices online.
    Anonymous