• In the Spotlight:

annoyed

How do you drive with a screaming baby in the back seat? I cant even focuse! All she does lately is fuss fuss fuss! I have headaces daily!!!!!!!!! She is 5 months old!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• try putting a mirror on her headrest so she can see herself. or a toy on the bar of her seat. that might distract her. she may be a child that gets carsick, try rolling the window down a bit so she can feel the air.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• earplugs. it should dull the sound of crying but allow you to still be able to hear her.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My oldest was like that. Hopefully yours will be like mine and it will stop soon...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son did this untill we switched him to a fron facing seat, after we mentioned it to the Dr he said it may have been he is car sick, but my son was really bad and did it EVERY time he was in the car. Anyway maybe ask if there is anything you can give him for car sickness at that age, mine was already turned around and problem solved before we figured out what it was, but might ask your Dr about it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Dd used to be like that, we would actually plan to leave right after feeding and before nap time, so she would zonk out in the car. We got toys to hang from the carseat handle and she really enjoyed that. She has a convertible seat now, with no bar, so now we just give her a toy to play with. We won't be front facing until around 2 years, so she only gets a special toy in the car. She doesn't get to play with it anywhere else. Also, she is soothed when the music is up. She likes salsa music and she LOVES LaBamba . . funny little girl.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I hung toys from the handle on the car roof. Dd was always trying to grab at 'em.
    Anonymous

• Turn the music up louder?LOL

I would just keep talking to them in a soothing voice. You cant pull over every few mins to calm them with a hug,etc so I keep my voice calm and I sing or whatnot and if it doesnt work then I just try and get there faster but within the speed limit.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Take a breath and relax. This will pass. Babies cry to communicate, and at times, it can be very irritating. Focus on some thing positive.

Then you get to the stage wehre they talk in one run on sentence all day!

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 4:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Roll the window down a little, if the weather allows. But not too far. Babies love the wind in their faces. If that doesn't work, I just ignore it for all intensive purposes. I check and make sure nothings really wrong and just focus. We won't be in there forever.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Lilting music . . . Try Enya, Sarah MacLaughlin, Loreena McKennit . . . those are some good ones.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009