Trying not to sound redundant...TMI

I am not trying to sound redundant on here by asking a question that I am sure was asked before, but I am just a bit concerned. First off, my last pregnancy resulted in Miscarriage, so you might sympathize with me now in my concern. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I am a- blood type and just recently noticed, this AM, some odd looking discharge. It is not blood, but it is brown.It is only when I wipe and it is mixed in with (TMI) cervical mucus that looks on the white side. It is as if the cm has a brown tint to it. It only happened this AM and it hasn't happened since. Just wanted to hear if anyone has experienced this and what the outcome was. Thanks! PS: Called my doc and they said not to worry, but they said that and I miscarried a yr ago. So...help thanks!

tinalloyd

Asked by tinalloyd at 3:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, brown sounds like blood, but brown blood is old blood, so I wouldnt worry about it unless it does turn red. It could be old from an old period, or having sex and bruising your cervix because of extra blood flow to the area. Since you are negative blood type aare they going to give you the rhogram shot (not sure if I spelled that right) I would mention that to them as some Dr's want to do it early and some later, also be sure to remaind them of that if you ahve to call back, sometimes tehy wont pull your chart to just answer a question like that. Did they think your last miscarriage was because of your blood type? If not did they test to find out why? If yu get the brown discharge again I might ask if they will do blood work on you abd test your progesterone levels. Unless they are certain that your last one was from th eblood type. GL and I hope that helps some, I know it is hard nto to worry but try to relax
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i miscarried twice before i had my daughter. when i was preg with her this happened, my doctor told me not to worry (of course i did) but they explained it at my next apointment. i don't remember what they said it was though, i would do a google search or something to see if they have an explanation on there. either way i wanted to let you know it happened to me and my daughter was carried full term with no major problems and she is perfectly fine. so if the doc doesn't think you should worry just breath and try not to, if it happens again though i'd just go in and not bother calling first
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy as well. I never experienced any bleeding. With my second pregnancy, my first daughter, I did not experience any bleeding either. With my third pregnancy, my second daughter, I did experience some light pink discharge when I would wipe. I had just found out I was pregnant and had gone to visit my MIL in Florida. I assumed I was having another miscarriage. I got an appointment with my doctor a week after I returned home. My doctor assured me it was implantation bleeding and even did an ultrasound to show me a had a happy little 9 week baby. Just try to stay calm and relax. I know how scary it is after you've experienced a miscarriage.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 4:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009