Am I getting suckered??

I bought a toy for my daughter that cost me $65 new. I want to sell it on craigslist for $50, and I found a woman interested in it. The thing is, she asked if I would be willing to take $40 for it.

Do you think $40 is a fair price? Or do you think I should insist on $50? I'm not too concerned about the money, I just don't want to get suckered.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How used is the toy? Generally when I sell a toy or whatever at a flea market I price it at 1/2 to 1/3 of the original price.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 4:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Why $30 if she offered $40? It depends on the toy and how used it is. I am always offering people less than they list things for, if you think you can hold out and sell it for $50 then wait, if you just want to get rid of it take her offer.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Depends on how old it is and what condition it is in. I'd really need to know more. If you barely used it at all and haven't had it very long it's probably fair to ask $50, if you've had it a while or it has some wear and tear on it $40 is also probably fair.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You bought it for $65.
    But want to sell it for $50.00 on craiglist
    But a lady offered $40.00
    Sell it for $40.00

I guess that is what you call wheeling and dealing if you want $50.00 then keep trying if not go for the $40.00 GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You could always tell her that you will keep her offer in mind if you can't sell it for what you're asking you'll contact her. I tell that to people all the time, and have had people say the same to me.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's a used toy sell it for 40.
    Anonymous

• I usually figure if I can get half the value out of a used item I'm doing good. $40 seems like a very fair price, unless the item is in new condition.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009