• In the Spotlight:

Somebody lie to me please....

I've heard that feeling flu like, super tired, crampy and all around miserable is a sign that labor is near. I had the flu (for real) and now I just feel stuffy, and tired, and cranky, and crampy, and generally like poo.

Just tell me you felt like this before your labor set on so I can live in a happy fantasy world where feeling like crap is actually a good thing.

Aside from that, got any tips to make me feel better? I think I have taken a dozen showers over the course of 3 days. My back hurts too, can I use a heating pad?

Signed,
Whiney Preggo Who is Just DONE.

Thanks

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 3:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I went into labor with my son, which was 6 weeks early, I had a lot of energy the couple days before that. I lost my mucus plug and all of a sudden I had a burst of energy to where I wanted to walk and not stop. Since Hubby was in Iraq I had my Mom take mt to the mall and to wal-mart. I know I should of tried to keep our son in as long as possible, but I couldn't stand being in the house and had to leave. I think I was having contractions those couple of days, but they werent bad at all. It just felt like he was tightning up inside of me. My water broke and when I went to the hospital I was already dialated to 2 1/2 cm and had our son 14 hours later.

So I think if I would of gone full-term, I would of felt crappy and miserable also. My sister is pregnant and at 35 weeks, but measuring 39 and is dialating and all she does is complain about how bad she feels.

I am only 21 weeks right now so I have awhile to go, I pray.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• you can use a heating pad but not on high be sure to keep it on low and do not lay on it for hours on end...if it brings your body temp up it will also do the same to baby. drink lots and lots of fluids juices if you can:) good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well I could lie to ya but I wont lol
    I was tired and hurt everywhere! But Didn't feel like the flu.
    GL I hope the baby comes soon. (when I started feeling that way I raped hubby several times a day to get her out 2 days of that and she came!
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• lol the mind is willing to attack the hubby but the body says "WTH are you thinking?!"

I get nausea in waves too. I wonder why I never think to push fluids for myself lol. For my DD I remember for me... Thanks ladies :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Mine was the same way. I stayed up all night in pain and throwing up. Went to hospital finally and found out I had been having contractions, gave me shots and IV to stop labor though.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was in L&D last week with the flu and apparently started contracting but didn't feel it. With my DD there was no mistaking the feeling of contractions. Wouldn't it be cool if I was actually in labor and it didn't hurt lol. THAT'S the kind of lie I needed to hear lol :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I felt poopy and cranky but that is how I feel now. I'm just thinking it was the hormones. I wuldn't say it was fllu like but close to that.
    MyLove

Answer by MyLove at 4:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You can use the heating pad on your back. Just not allowed to have it on your belly. I broke a rib from coughing with Connor and the only meds they could give me was tylenol, which did nothing really, so I used the heat a lot to help! I have not personally gone into labor naturally but 1 out of 4 times and Im sorry I didnt feel like that., other then the back pains and cramps. My friend said she was very sick though. Hope your baby comes soon hun and you have a quick and easy labor! Oh, and when I am in labor the pain isnt that bad. Like period cramps mostly. My grandmother had no pain at all. She had them inisting she wasnt in labor with one of her children cause she "didnt look like she was" since there was no pain.
    sweetkrisi

Answer by sweetkrisi at 5:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009