Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

okie here is the deal,
i did my research on want i needed to know about it.
but the thing is that. my son dad already put child support on me on jan of 09. but he knew that i dun lived in my old places no more but he still send the paper work there..and that cause me to miss the court date and hearing for him to win..can he do that?? and month later i recented a mail form my parent..( child support paper work) they were about 3 month late..(thanks parents..) in this kind of solution want should i do??? should i fill in out and return it? i mean i try calling the number over and kept putting me on holded..or the machine pick up..i just dont know right now...please help....


Asked by goofy_me at 4:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Yes the longer you wait the more you get behind on this child support before you know it you will end up give them all of your check and nothing for you I wish you luck. It is a nasty world out there.
    Do the right thing and try to stay on top of things so you won't go crazy. GL
    You cannot blame your ex for what happened because he mailed the info to the wrong address the judge will not look at it that way they only look at it like let's get this on the roll here for the kids. Anything you or ur ex does does not matter it is all about the kids. (In the eyes of the court)

    Take care of this really soon (ASAP)

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Well in theory you probably knew it was coming up and you could have called the court to find out about your hearings. It's also your job to notify the court with a new address. You can't blame this on your ex and parents. Just try to right your wrong. Call the court tomorrow.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • do you not want to pay the support or what is the issue here? I know you didnt get to go to court but you shouldnt feel bad about having to be responsible for your kid either.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • I can barely read the paragraph.
    Change your address. Make sure the courts have your current address and phone numbers as well as your childs father.

    Answer by babycakes254 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009