my 4 year old will not go play in room and wants to follow me everywhere what can I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell her you need some mommy time & that if you don't get it, you will not be able to play with her later. It worked for my child. She was always 2 steps behind me (sometimes still is at 7). I finally told her very sweetly that if she doesn't give mommy her time, than i wont have time to play with her later. IT worked for me, but every kid is different. Good luck.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• He needs someone to play with. Get a friend over with another kid!! He's bored.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• LOL going through this one my self I cant figure out for the life of me why this child thinks shes a permanent fixture on my hip .I agree every child is diff but whats working for me is letting her play beside me with her toys at least shes not on me anymore I think as moms we have this perfect idea of the way it should be VS the way it is ..luv all you moms bye
    geminimom2008

Answer by geminimom2008 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son was like that. He just wanted to be near me all the time. I just brought his toys into whatever room I was in and encouraged him to play with them there. I know you hear this all the time - but enjoy it while it lasts! They grow up so quick... :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Have another baby! LOL.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009