Gyms daycare & potty training

We just got a membership to the YMCA recently. Well DD has been potty training for 2 wks.
This may sound silly, but do I need to visit dd often to ask her if she needs to go the potty, or is it ok for DD just to tell the caretaker she needs to go potty?
(dd has never been in daycare so she is use to being around family)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would tell the care taker to watch for signs the child has to go and take her at least onced .It will help her for school later on.I didnt let anyone else take my son to the bathroom so when he started pre-school he had issues with telling his teacher he had to go and if he couldnt find the bathroom he just went lol bad experiance
    geminimom2008

Answer by geminimom2008 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think its okay for her to tell the caretaker and for them to take her, but if it would make you feel more comfortable, go check on her to see if she needs to go.
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 4:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I personally am paranoid about leaving my children with strangers, so I would be cautious about bathroom stuff. If it were me, I would check in periodically and ask her if she needs to go.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• thanks ladies, i will let the lady know she is newly potty trained so she can atleaste keep an eye on it, but check in once or twice (she can only be in daycare for 2hrs) just to make sure she isnt being shy.

For strangers & restroom-- I wouldnt allow it if it were a guy, but since I know its going to be a woman taking her im more comfortable with it, and I think my dd would tell me if something weird happened. Shes 2 1/2 so she does communicate very well, i would be more worried if she was 1...
    Anonymous