I would like to lose about 15-20 lbs fast, like 2-3 weeks.... which are the best ways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh how I wish I could help you I asked a question almost like yours no one has responded yet.
    I honestly believe we woman have the same problem. I hope someone like a physical trainer checks in and gives us what we want to know. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• eat a healthy diet, lower your caloric in take but not too much, low fat high fiber (several small meals a day 5-7) drink a lot of water, work out. Still not sure that you can do 15-20 but it will do something at least.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't think you can lose that much in that short a time, I'm guessing a goal of 9 pounds in 3 weeks would be good, 5 lbs first week and 2 pounds a week after that. Try weight watchers.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• there are non. It's next to impossible to do that unless you get Lipo. Healthy permanent weight loss is about 1-2 lbs per week. 10 lbs a week is 35,000 calories. You would have to run a marathon everyday & starve yourself to reach that goal.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If you lose more than a lb or two a week you are losing lean tissue, and you'll rebound with even more weight as soon as you stop the starvation diet. Exercise and try to lose a reasonable amount of weight- I hear great things about weight-watchers, and wear a girdle on your special occasion.

Answer by Bmat at 4:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• cut off a leg...ok that was a joke. You cannot safely and healthily (word?) take off that much weight that quickly. Taking it off quickly is almost a guarantee you will put it back on too.

I had a colonosopy done and lost 8 lbs of well you know. You could try that!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Liposuction. Unless you weigh over 250 lbs, there is no way that losing that much weight in that short of time is safe. I know you see it on Biggest Loser all the time, but they go under tons of medical testing, have people forcing them to work out and aren't allowed to eat poorly. AND, they don't even recommend losing weight that fast. It is not safe or healthy.
    Anonymous