For those of you on food stamps, who did you vote for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 'grace', the way you behaved today was not graceful. You tell a mother who has lived here LEGALLY for more than 16 years that she should return to the country she came from because she's recently fallen on hard times- for the first time since coming here. Should she take her American children with her? Should she abandon them to their father, who isn't really doing his job right now anyway- all to spare you the tiny little amount that it takes to feed her? This woman has done EVERYTHING right- and you come along and bash, and make ignorant suggestions.

I'm ashamed of you. I'm ashamed of your claim of Christianity. Christ reminds us that to be true followers we sell everything and follow him. Do we worry about our 401k? Do we discuss welfare recipients as if they're the scum of the earth? Nope. Not the graceful path. Open your Bible. Read the thousands of verses on caring for the poor. Will you not let the stranger in?
    Anonymous

• McCain.
    Anonymous

• McCain here too.
    Anonymous

• Interesting question . . .

I am no longer on food stamps, but I voted for McCain.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OBAMA
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• See it is not just the obama supporters that bleed the system.
    which is what i take this post to be. a bashing obama and people on welfare post.
    Anonymous

• I've never been on public assistance and am not "waiting for a check" and I voted for Obama.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Or it could be the poster doesn't like mcCain.Who the hell knows or cares it proves not a damn thing lol sheesh.What we DO know is Obama is spreading massive government control and those who voted for him love it.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 3:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 by: Anonymous
    See it is not just the obama supporters that bleed the system.

**

I beg your pardon.
    I have NEVER "bled the system" thank you very much.
    I was on food stamps so that my child could eat and I worked my ASS off to get off them.

I really take offense to this statement.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nevermind Jenn radical liberals just do not get it.Most do not groan about those getting some help who work to get off it asap just those who make it a lifestyle or feel entitled instead of looking at it as they should not be in that position and need to work to get out of it
    Anonymous