My DH hit me up side the head when i was holding our daughter...PLEASE READ!

My dh works and im at home with our baby we just had and taking care of the house. when he isnt working, he goes to his friends house (whom he works with) for hours. i know he is there he isnt cheating i know that for sure. problem is, he just says im taking off to james' house ill be back later.

well today he said that and i said i figured you were and he said whats that mean i told him thats it upsets me he just thinks he can leave and not even worry about if i have plans or want to have some time to myself. he said well you can leave anytime, with the baby. he said its my job to do that. i understand its my job to take care of the baby but everyone needs some time to themselves to stay sane. well he got mad and threw the remote control at me and i threw it back ( i know i shouldnt have) and it hit the dresser and broke. he yelled said good job b*tch and hit me upside the head. not hard, but not soft either CONT...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• all this happened while i was HOLDING our new baby girl.

i got up put my daughter down on the bed, and said were leaving. he said sorry sory blah blah blah and since i ddnt accept his apology he called me a CUNT SLUT BITCH DUMBASS etc etc

well i went to my moms house which is just around the corner in our apts and vented a little to my sister and then went back home. when i got there... he left and STILL went to his friends house. after all this happned.

i really want my daughter to have BOTH of her parents together and have a family. hes never done this before except one tiem he hit my arm while i was pregnant.
    i want to stay at my sisters tonight but dont want to burden her either...

advice please? im so upset and hurt and taken back by what just took place...
    Anonymous

• In being blunt with this answer, I may come across harsh but I think that's the only way to respond. You clearly know that the situation was wrong, abusive, and an inappropriate environment to have your child in. You know that you need to do something about it, or you wouldn't be posting this. Either leave, or insist that you both get counseling before Child protective services takes your child away from you.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• added to that....
    anytime our daughter starts fussing or crying, he hands her off to me. and doesnt even try to see whats wrong with her.... i know its probably a guy thing but what can i say or do for him to realize its okay she is crying and to just keep trying to comfort her... i want them to have a bond together.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't respect you!
    Anonymous

• your an idiot if you stay with him. i cant believe you would WANT to be with someone who struck you when you were holding your daughter. you think its good for your daughter, go ahead and tell us that when he hits her. get the hell outta there.
    Anonymous

• well he has shown he is ok with abusing you verbally and physically as well as escalated from his last incident.

single mothers can and have raised very smart successful children. why look at the current president. he was raised by his mother. but I wouldn't stick around because eventually it will escalate to the point where you could be dead and daddy in jail, then where would that leave your daughter?
    Anonymous

• and no, him not wanting to hold his kid whenever she cries or whatever isnt "just a guy thing" what is wrong with you???
    Anonymous

• OP you know good and well what you need to do. See this angers me because I know you have common sense or else you wouldn't be asking us for advice. The man doesn't care about that defenseless baby, you grown and can take care of yourself . But that baby should be priority. Im not even going to tell you what you need to do because you already know. And if you don't do its going to get worse and someone is going to end up getting hurt. Do you rather have an abusive person around your baby or noone at all. I rather have my kids than any man any day!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i know i should leave , its just such a HARD thing to do.. and i dont have anywhere to go without burdening anyone. its hard to do...
    Anonymous

• He needs to grow up and be a man instead of acting like a little boy. Just because you are a SAHM doesn't mean that you have to have the baby with 24/7, you need time to yourself also. I Know you want your baby to grow up with both parents, but if he hits you once I can guarantee he will hit you again and if he can do that while your holding the baby then that shows that he doesn't care about his daughter's well being.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009