Is it wrong to get pregnant even though my DH doesn't want any more children?

When we got married we said that we would have 2 children but now that we have one my DH says no more. I'm disappointed and ready to have baby number two. Our daughter is almost two and don't want to wait much longer to have another child. We don't use birth control but he does pull out when we have sex. Would it be wrong to try to make him stay in or even try to get some of the semen in me after sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• His only idea about preventing conception is pulling out? Pulling out is not a good birth control method. He'll end up with another child doing this. Then what, will he blame you? If he doesn't want another he needs to get snipped or at least to use a condom. To have sex using the pull out method, the question is not if you'll have another but when. You and he should get counseling to work out his changing his mind on your agreement to have two. But even so, if you had any control over it, it would be wrong of you to deceive him into having another, but surely he can't be so ill-informed as to imagine that pull out would work as contraception.

Answer by Bmat at 5:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Anytime you have sex with anyone you are taking a chance of getting pregnant unless you, the woman have had your reproductive organs taken out.
    being that your husband obviously knows this then he would be equally responsible if you got pregnant. Takes 2!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah it would.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• well you aren't using birth control and are using the pull out method... I'm kinda surprised you aren't expecting yet!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think that would be very wrong. Imagine this the other way around. He wanted another child and you didn't? Would you have him hold you down or trick you into the idea? It wouldn't be fair. Also I think as much as I'm sure he would love a second child as he does the first, the thought of not wanting the child would always be in the back of his mind.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't give up though he might come around and want another baby in the future! It will be better if it's a 2 party decision anyways.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 5:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• For us DH and I have an agreement. He wants 2 kids and I want 3. Our first was far from planned and worked out fine. I'm on BC now bc I don't want to be pregnant yet but DH set up this rule for us. "You are the one who has to sacrifice your body for the baby and stay home with them all day so you know better when we are ready. Just dont tell me when you stop taking the BC so my 'boys' dont feel pressured to preform" lol He cracks me up. His only request is that I wait at least 3 years to get pregnant with the 3rd (which I'm waiting that long for the 2nd too so I have no problem with that)

Dont trick your husband into getting you pregnant. If it happens it happens but if you manipulate the situation your risking him feeling resentment towards you and your new baby. But if your not on BC he knows there is always that chance. (Our first is a 'pull out' baby)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 5:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah you can do it behind is back but then he will put two and two togeather and might leave you.
    Anonymous