Am I losing it?!

Some child in my 4 year olds classroom had pinworms about, three weeks ago. Last night my 4 year old told me her bottom was itchy. We went to the Doc this AM. Guess what. Yep, she has them. I felt at fault. UGH. When we got home, I went a tad nuts...cleaning. I have taken her sheets off, and they have been washed twice in hot water. I have taken her toys and put them in hot bleach water. I have sprayed down her mattess with lysol. I have taken her car seat out, and washed the cover, and sprayed the rest of it down with water and bleach. I have been cleaning for a tad over 4 1/2 hours now. I have even sprayed down the light switches, and door knobs! Do you think I am going nuts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would be doing it too. Nothing wrong with you at all. My kids had a head lice outbreak in their class, mine werent sent home but half the class was in my youngests class, and I still went nuts spraying everything down washing everything, going through their heads to make sure the nurse didnt miss something. ut my over eagerness to be over protective and paranoid payed off, they never did catch them.
    Anonymous

• I don't blame you! Just hearing about this makes ME want to get up and clean for 4 1/2 hours!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Thorough is more like it. I wouldn't say you're going nuts, just concerned.

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yup. but better to over-clean than under-clean! :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Not at all that's what you're supposed to do it's not your fault either my little sister got them alot in grade school it's a handwashing thing with little kids and it most likely got to more kids in her class than you think and can be spread by eggs under their fingernails... that's what I heard
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• What are pinworms?
    Anonymous

• bum worms
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't think you're crazy. my niece brought head lice to the family a few years back and I washed all the clothes, bed stuff, threw tons of stuffed animals away, etc. It was too hard to get rid of to get it back!! I'd do the same thing!
    Anonymous

• http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/parasitic/pinworm.html
    Here's some info for those who are freaking out about pinworms... I was so I looked them up,lol
    Anonymous

• thats not nuts at all...my boy got the flu a while back and i did that everyday for a week and a half...i thought i was goin nuts there for a while too...
    DannysMommy2508

Answer by DannysMommy2508 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009