Have you cut back or gave up on soda?

I like to have a soda every day some days maybe 2. but I know it is not good for my waistline is it the dark drinks or can I switch to 7UP.

Or just give up all together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am diabetic so I drink diet. I only have one or two each day though. I drink water the rest of the time.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I stopped colas because I read that the phosphorus in them interferes with calcium absorption. I don't drink caffeine anyway. So that leaves ginger ale, root beer, 7-up, etc. I have no more than one a day, usually ony a couple a week. I pour half a can into a glass, and fill the glass with water, so that I am drinking mainly water. I find this is all the stronger I want for soda. So what I am suggesting is that if you want soda, try the watering it down method. I prefer lemonade, but opening a can of soda is easier then washing and squeezing lemons and adding sweetener. Maybe I should have more lemonade, actually. Hmm.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• growing up i was never allowed to drink soda, so now i only drink it about 2x a week, because the carbonation burns my throat
    Anonymous

• I drink diet which is better. But you still need to cut back. I have to have at least one cup in the morning or I will get a caffine withdrawl headache that his HORRIBLE.

I try to drink water if I can.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I never really drank a lot of soda and still don't. I might have a can in the summer when we're camping. My hubby on the other hand used to drink tons. He gave it up "cold turkey". They say drinking from a can may be related to serious health issues.

I say ditch the soda and drink homemade ice tea it's better for you!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I've never liked soda. It burns going down and nearly takes my breath! yuck
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I didn't drink soda my whole pregnancy, so I have been a diet pepsi-aholic lately.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm a soda and caffeine nut. I just can't give it up.
    gfer1974

Answer by gfer1974 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We drink very little soda and only diet. I am a coffee addict though.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I try to drink very little soda, simply because I'm trying to loose weight. I try to keep it to less than 3 sodas a week. I drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009