I applied for a job as a 911 operator. I have to take a criticall computer test. Does anyone know anything about this test?

lonelyandscared

Asked by lonelyandscared at 5:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think its just basic computer knowlege and you have to have really good typing skills fast and very accurate since you are typing everything you hear on the phone out.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 8:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know when I applied for this type of job about 10 years ago, I had to do several tests. The first was a basic knowledge test (like a community college admissions test). Then I had to do a basic typing test. Then later, I had a multi skills test. It was a phone & keyboard & a console with different buttons on it. I had to listen to a tape through headphones & do certain things at certain times--like every time I heard a certain ring tone, I had to press a button & there were incoming calls from the test administrator that had to be answered & handled in a certain way. It was really crazy because you had to remember instructions that you were given minutes before as well as handle anything the administrator decided to throw at you. Basically, they were seeing how you could handle multiple instructions & tasks & how you performed under pressure. Good luck!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009