Do you use white sugar?

Or splenda, sweet and low or what?

Currently I am using "Sugar in the raw" I find it healthier but not too sure.
Can you tell me what the some what benefits you can get compared to the sugars above?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sugar in the raw, honey, or regular white sugar here. I refuse to put anything chemically engineered in my body. I try to buy things as natural as possible.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I use Splenda. I am diabetic so I can't use real sugar in things. But I also use Splenda for everything so my husband and son use it as well. It's much healthier than sugar!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't use sugar in anything unless I'm cooking/baking. Sometimes my DH will put some sugar in cereal, but not very often. We use the regular Domino Sugar.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Splenda is not digestible. You don't swallow gum for those same reasons. It comes out the same as when it went in. It's not good for your body at all.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Oh yeah, I use regular cane sugar.

Sweet n low has aspartame in it - cancer causing ingredient.
    RyleeMendez

• Splenda is actually okay for you because it doesn't get processed like sugar. It isn't bad for you just because it isn't processed. But it's much healthier than any sugar which is just empty calories.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Regular plain white sugar
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I only use regular white sugar. I refuse to use Splenda, Sweet and Low or that new one that's made from Stevia. Nope, I'd rather eat dirt than allow that stuff into my body.
    Anonymous

• Isn't stevia a plant?
    I didn't think Stevia was a chemically engineered sweetner.
    is it?

I use white cane sugar for cooking, but for anything I add sugar to- like tea or coffee, etc- I use the Raw Cane Sugar.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Kiter, yes, it is from a plant. Splenda is made from sugar but the body can't absorb the sugar like regular sugar. But Stevia is from a plant and it's totally natural but like Splenda, does not effect the body's sugar levels.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009