How do YOU make lasagna?

I know I can go to a site for the answer but I would like to know How do you make your own recipe? Thanks!

And meatballs, pot roast, chicken, pork chops and so on... willling to hear all suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my guys are very plain eaters. My Lasagna is pretty plain- yet complicated.

I don't like the meat in it. (everyone else does)
    my oldest doesn't like cheese. (everyone else does)

so I just use the noodles, ground beef, the sauce, and Moz Cheese. The sauce has to be very plain- no veggie chunks- or only 2-3 of us will eat it (out of the 5)

2/3 has meat. and 1/3 has no meat.
    2/3 has cheese. but the non-meat end has cheese. the 1/3 of NoCheese is on the meat end.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i make it with whole grain lasagna noodles, but pick whatever you like, and you boil them just spaghetti, and then get ground turkey, or ground sauage whatever you like the most cook that and season to however you like it, mix in pasta sauce again whatever kind you like so if you like red with garlic and mushrooms use that, get a casserole dish and layer the bottom with your cooked lasagna noodles then do a layer of sauce and meat then an layer of sauce and meat and another layer of noodles sauce n meat then top with spinach if you like it and i top mine off with ricotta and mozzarella cheese bake until the cheese is kind of toasted i cook mine at 400 degrees but my oven kind of sucks so maybe 350 would work for you and cook for about 30 minutes
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 5:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Kiter you sound like you are cooking for my house too! I thought my family was the on,ly one who ate that way...lol

To op, I have never made lasagna, but my husband loves my pork chops, I pound them thin, and brush some dijon mustard on them in a thin layer, and coat them in bread crumbs, and fry them on a skillet. Family loves them.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Fry some hamburger and sausage in the same pan. Drain the grease. Boil the noodles. Drain water. Spray 9x13 with Pam. lay noodles down. It will take 3 across. Then get a container of Rocotta Cheese and mix an egg and some italian season in it. Smear some of this on the noodles you just laid down. Sprinkle with the meat. Add some spagehti sauce. Then sprinkle with motzarella cheese. Repeat 3 times. The dish is full now. Bake 350 for about 30 mins for the middle to get hot, but if i'm in a hurry, you can microwave it at 50% for 15-20 mins and it's ready! (B/c everything is basicly already cooked) It's better if it sits for a while, If you cut it too soon the noodles slide all over the place.

I cook all the time-so you can ask me anything!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 1 lb ground beef
    1 lb hot italian sausage, casings removed
    1 cup breadcrumbs, italian seasoned
    1/2 cup onions chopped
    2 large eggs
    2 cups spaghetti sauce (I make my own, but you can use jar)
    1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
    1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
    4 slices provolone cheese, cut in 1" strips

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients (preferably by hand).
    2. In a baking dish 9"x5"x2", layer 1/2 of the mixture.
    3. Put 1/2 of the Mozzarella cheese and all the mushrooms on top of this layer, and 1/2 of the sauce.
    4. Put the other 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of this and then cover with the remaining sauce and Mozzarella.
    5. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
    6. At the last 5 minutes or so, place the Provolone cheese on top.
    7. Let stand for 5 minutes to settle and cool.
    4. Put the other 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of this and then cover with the remaining sauce and
    BridgetC140

• I cook 9 lasagna noodles, whichever kind you like. Then I brown 1.5 lb bulk turkey italian sausage, add in 1 1/2 jars Prego Heart Healthy pasta sauce (if its just for me and hubby I will sautee some onion and garlic along with the italian sausage). Heat through. Then in a bowl I mix 30 oz container part-skim ricotta cheese with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp italian seasonings, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder, and 1 egg. Mix well. Lay 3 noodles in the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Top with 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1/3 meat sauce mixture. Repeat the layer. End with 3 noodles on top, then cover with the final 1/3 of the meat sauce. Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Bake in a 400 oven for 20-30 minutes til the cheese is browned and the lasagna is bubbly. Serve with homemade garlic bread (or your favorite kind) and a garden salad.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Lasagna- Noodles, sauce,seasoned hamburger, and cheese. Just keep layering...I keep it simple! 350 for about an hour

Meatballs- ground beef, seasoned bread crumbs, eggs, seasonings, tomato sauce- make into balls, bake on a cookie sheet! (if you do this instead of on the stove top, they won't crumble on you.

Pot Roast- Season with whatever you want, Put in roaster pan with 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix. Bake at 350. After about 2 hours add potatoes and carrots. Cook for another hour!

Chicken and Pork Chops I do so many ways I wouldn't know where to start! Can't go wrong with seasoning them and tossing them in the oven though!

Good luck!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I preheat the oven to 350

Open the box, slit the film, and bake for 45-60 minutes
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No seriously, mine is really boring. boil the noodles while I'm browning the hamburger...drain both, add the jarred spaghetti sauce, mix, layer noodle, ricotta cheese, and hamburger/sauce mix...then on the last layer I top with shredded motz.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009