When should I take them to see a dentist?

My boys have 4-5 teeth now and I am wondering when I should start taking them to see a dentist. They are almost 11 months old.

kristyrea

Asked by kristyrea at 5:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dentist said at one year.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Around a year old. I was a dumb butt and waited, my kiddos paid the price. Learn from my mistake. :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Either at one year or within 6 months of them getting their first tooth. At this early age it is primarily to make sure that their teeth are growing in properly and there isn't any injury to the teeth. My son, he is 2 yo, has had injury to a couple of his teeth which stunted the growth. (It's from falling when he was starting to walk.) He's got other issues which include a malformed jaw which is going to require surgery by the time he is 4 yo. Find your kids a pediatric dentist. They are more equipped to care for the little kids and they usually have a higher patience. Also, find one that WILL allow the parents in the exam rooms. It's a red flag if they don't allow you back there.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009