are you able to use a infant carseat without the base?

i really need to get out of my house and leave, but my DH has the base to our childs car seat in our car and hes gone. are you able to buckle it over the car seat?

Don't bash on me please its just a question i wouldnt ever do it unless you are able to do that.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can but make sure it is tight and secure it is harder to get it tight enough without the base in too. You shouldnt be able to shove the seat more than an inch either direction whn buckled in. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes you can. Check the manual for the proper way to strap in YOUR particular carrier, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yea i have done it just put it in the middle in the back seat and put the front seats tilted back a lil bit to hold it in place more securely
    Anonymous