• In the Spotlight:

9 m/o wont crawl!!

is it bad that my 9 m/o doesnt crawl yet? he gets up on his hands and knees then just kind of launches himself then starts army crawling...im just afraid that he"s behind by a lot...

DannysMommy2508

Asked by DannysMommy2508 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My nephew never crawled in the traditional way, he only army crawled and was really fast he could sometimes get someplace faster than my son who crawled the "regular" way. Some babies just don't crawl, unless the pediatrician is worried about his motor development it's okay.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Some kids never do crawl. I wouldn't worry about it. He's getting up, he's not just lying on the floor doing nothing!

He's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My niece never crawled, she went right to walking - its not a HAVE TO milestone to reach. army crawling is some kids actual crawling.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• my son army crawled and then when he turned one started crawlling the "right" way, and then started walking at 4 months. my dd is 8 months and shows no interest in crawling, or even standing for that matter. she'll "jump", but when it comes to actually standing she's not interested. every baby developes at their own pace, your baby is certainly fine.
    Anonymous

• My daughter only crawled for a week if that she hated the feeling of the carpet on her hands and knees she went pretty much straight to walking. try to do a sling type thing with a blanket under his tummy and walk with him as he crawls.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 5:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have heard of kids who skip the whole crawling thing and go right to standing and walking. :) give it a little more time before you start worrying too much ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Don't worry about it. DS didnt crawl til he was almost 10 months and when I asked the doctor she said "well if he isnt walking by 2 we will start worrying but for now enjoy that he is not mobile a little longer"
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 5:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My daughter will be 9 months on Wed. and she still isn't crawling. She really doesn't even seem interested. She scoots on her butt to get around. She isn't trying to stand yet either. I just figure when she is ready she will do it, because there's nothing wrong with her motor development, she's a wild woman in her jumperoo.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009