any ideas to help SO with the baby crying....

he just gets so frustrated after 5mins of her crying and i dont know what else to tell him. i have tried to tell him that she knows he is aggravated but he just gets such a headache so quick. he thinks she dont love him and i feel so bad for him b/c he can hand her to me and she just stops like that.....please any ideas???????

1-teen-mommy

Asked by 1-teen-mommy at 5:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He doesn't have boobs.
    Anonymous

• earplugs.
    Anonymous

• I understand what you are going through. Same situation happened to my sister and bil. Anytime she would hand over my nephew to my BIL, he would start to cry, but once he was handed back to her, he stopped.

Anyway, babies can smell the milk so that could be a reason or she senses his anxiety or he's holding her in an awkward way.

Has he tried letting her rest on his lap?
    Anonymous

• My husband was the same way - If he's tense and frustrated, she is going to feel that and not calm down even more. HE needs to learn to relax and realize that babies cry - that's all - tell him to walk and sing to her - bounce and walk with her - HE has to figure out what will work for them!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yea he tried everything and nothing worked. he fed her BM out of the bottle (i cant BF fromm y breasts b/c i spew to quick for her to drink) and she was quiet til it was gone. and there is no way she was still hungry it was 2oz and she is 6 days old...thats what she has been eating the past 2 days
    1-teen-mommy

Answer by 1-teen-mommy at 6:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My husband and I have the same issue. The best advice i can give is walk into another room and make him figure it out himself. He knows your there to take over so he can be frustrated. He needs to find what works for him. My daughter likes the football hold with her daddy and not me. I just had to learn to walk away and get in the shower so he had no other choice but to get his barring's and care for her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son is now almost ten months old, and we are still struggling with this issue. I blame myself, though, because I should have learned to walk away and let dad learn what works for him... a long, long time ago. What works for mommy doesn't always work for dad, and vise versa. Take a fifteen minutes shower, or put some earplugs in and go to the bathroom to do your hair/makeup. Let dad learn how to work through his frustration and soothe the baby. Also give dad tasks with the baby, like, bathtime rountine, or a specific feeding of the day so they can bond. 6 days is still very early. But make sure you do this early or you'll be like me, taking a 5-minute shower with a 10-month old bawling outside the door, and a dad fuming because the baby keeps crawling away from him for mommy. It sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009