When?

If you had a very needy newborn (needs to be held ALL THE TIME, cannot sleep or sit by herself, cries a lot but isn't colicky) when did he/she grow out of it? My 4 week old is this way and it seems like it's never going to end!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my dd was like that until about 4 months. Now, she is a complete joy! She's always happy and can play on her own. Just hold her, she needs to know her mommy is there. I think my daughter has more confidence now, because I held her so much.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This past week my son has finally not wanted to he held so much. He's almost a year.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 5:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Slow down, she was only born a month ago. They do not start getting some Independence tell they get about 4 months to maybe 6 months. You should be enjoying this time.

Answer by louise2 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009