I need to vent for a second. But come tell me if i am in the wrong.

I work for family and when the big boss leaves, son is a dick head. He thinks he has more power than he does. ANyways he does not have his daughter full time so doesn't know what it takes to be a full time parent . HE expects everyone to do everything for him because " he is so busy" right. He always wants me to call our grandmother to ask her if she can pick up his daughter from him and take her home because he wont have time. It will save him a trip.I told him no i wan't going to because that is not my job or my place to. That is not my child and she is going to have questions. Which she would.And he wants to scream at me and tell me that he is the boss and i will do what he says . Then to top it off he only wants to tell me the bare minimum like ask mamaw if she will get mallie from me and take her home. Like that doesn' tleave questions to be answered. Anyways am i wrong? To me he is a lowsy excuse for a parent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you are in the right... it is his daughter and he should be the one to take care of her... or at the very least make the phone calls to make the arrangements...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i'm confused...
    Anonymous

• You should only have to make that call if you are his personal assistant. Other than that he should not be pulling the "boss card" for you to do his personal stuff.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I am the secretary for the shop ,the business, and his dad who is my real boss. He tries to play boss when his dad leaves. And his idea of a boss is to tell people how studid they are and belittle them. It is obvious he is not ready to be in charge.
    Anonymous

• Your not wrong. But if you want to keep your job. I think you should do it. I would call the person and say exactly what he said.That's it. And say If you need more info call him.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Tell your real boss what he/the son is asking you to do. Ask him if you have to do it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well for one work and personal life should never be mixed! Even though you are family, that is not the job of an employee to call the employers family to make arrangements to pick up their child. He is just being lazy and selfish... I would next time tell him that you are not his puppet so STOP trying to pull my STRINGS!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No i would have told him the same thing, and then when big boss comes back i would bring it to his attention as to what is going on, and i would do it with him in the room! So that he can say to the son what needs to happen for now on when he is gone, and you know first hand not what the son says he says! Good luck family is great but hard to get along with!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009