could there be something wrong or is my baby just lazy?

So my son is 7 months. He has no interest in crawling, holding his bottle, feeding himself ect. He always wants mommy to do everything, and im pretty sure he knows how to hold his bottle and eat his "cookies" because my sister says he does it for her all the time. I just want to know if anyone else has a baby like that or what i could do to encourage him.

(i dont want him to starve so i help him when he wont do it)

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 9 month old started eating baby food VERY late. She's just now learning how to hold the bottle. She starts things slower than other kids her age but when she gets it she gets it FAST. One day she just started crawling, out of nowhere! Maybe your son will be like this too?

If my Anastasia was doing those things for my sister but not me... I would not hold the cookies for her. I would lay it down and if she wants it then she has to get it herself. The bottle is different because she's actually trying to hold it so i would keep doing that for her. But the other things, if she wants them she has to do it herself. Try it for a few days and see what happens. Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a very VERY LAID BACK baby, never wanted to crawl, was happy laying down to play, never wanted to do anything like you described-- turns out he had asthma and he was just too weak and tired from the daily respiratory distress to do anything.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My DS crawled for the first time when he was 11 months, started walking at 14 months. I was never worried. Count your blessings, once they are mobile, you are in for an adventure!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 7:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• LOL my ds in 10 months (9 months adjusted) he was premature. he is still not crawling just rolls everywhere! Will only hold his bottle at day care but never for me and my husband. He will not feed himself either. But he is not a very oral baby so to speak so I can see how he doesnt want to put the food in his mouth since the only thing he really puts in his mouth are fingers.

He does a lot for the woman at his daycare that he wont do at home. UGH! So frusterating! But at 7 months I would not be worried about any of it.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009