when being a stay at home mom gets to be a bit tough whats the best thing to do?

i mean my husbands a bit unappreciating at times when i bust my Ass to take care of the kids and our home..and that can get to be a bit frustrating..what should i do? (get a job)?

mkluk123

Asked by mkluk123 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• drink a lot :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Choke your husband! Im just kidding... I would stop doing the little things for him, like his laundry, helping him find his crap when he loses it, if he asks you to get something for him, tell him you do enough get it you damn self... He will as whats wrong then you tell him that he dosent appreciate you and until he does this will continue... Your not his mom and I have a saying... He wouldnt screw his mom would he?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My husband used to be like that, until he started working at home. He sees what all goes on during the day with 2 small children and ALL of the burden of the house and chores on me. He doesn't complain anymore, in fact, he helps me more now. I don't know what to tell you, other than talk to him and tell him how you feel. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i really like the drink alot answer lol unfort. my drink of choice is too expensive and i drink alot!
    ya know theres days he stays home and he knows its hard but hes still ungratefull! he wants me to look for a job! i think i should get a job and show him what its like when im not here to do everything ya kno?!
    mkluk123

Answer by mkluk123 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• only if you want to get a job. You could try a part time job or take a class or take up a hobby or find some friends for Girl's Night Out at a movie and dinner or game night at someone's house. Just find a place to go and be away from the fam for a while.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ask him to watch the kids for a few hours and give him a list of things that need to be done while you are gone. this worked for my hubby. i came home and he was like omg! how was i supposed to do all that? (it was like load the dishwasher, put laundry in the dryer, bathe our daughter and cook a frozen pizza for dinner, nothing major) i just looked dead at him said i was gone for 3 1/2 hours and i do all that in less than an hour? he kinda went really? and started to realize what i do do all day in order for the house to stay clean and for him and our daughter to eat
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• There are several options, and it all just depends on what is going to be right for your family right now.

You obviously need to talk to your hubby. He needs to know and/or try to appreciate what goes on in running the house. That would provide you with some amount of gratitude, but not the break you looking for.

Or you could take classes, either online..and demand the time alone to concentrate, or at a local school...something fun like music, art, or photography.

Or a part-time job. Something that I have just started is the Direct-sales stuff. It would get you out of the house, with adults, and provide a break and you feel like you would be helping with the finances.

Then there are the usual....girls' nights out, running away, divorce, or the ever popular drinking!! LOL!! Good luck..this is always a big problem!
    mom2-2crazyboys

Answer by mom2-2crazyboys at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• my guy is the same way. He has actually said to me "u don't do anything but change him and feed him once in a while". I wish it were that easy. He doesn't get that while he may be doing actual work 6-7 hours of his 8 hour day, my day is 24 hours long; we moms are on call 24/7. I do have sometimes significant periods of down time but that is because I am a Virgo and therefore very organized and I manage my time well so I can have my sons entire 2-3 hour naptime to play on CafeMom or something else fun. I have told him to get me a printer so I can get a job or start a business from home to bring in extra money. I am adiment about being my sons primary caregiver until he enters school, so no work outside the home for me. I suggest you join and check out some of the stay at or work at home groups here, I have gotten a lead or 2 on work at home jobs and many legit businesses you can start with little to no start up costs.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Go hang out with your girlfriends! Some DH's will just never understand that what you do is actually a full time job...but then they do just about everything in their power to avoid doing what parenting entails themselves. I would just keep doing what you do! Just because you don't know every jot and tittle of His work day doesn't mean He doesn't work, so don't buy into his negativity. Kids don't raise themselves!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2009