Would you breast feed another baby if their mother was busy and they were hungry?

If there was no bottled breast milk and the mother was very busy and could not stop what you were doing, would you breast feed another baby that's not yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If its okay with the other mother.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think it would be weird, I wouldn't offer, but if she asked me to and was a good friend I would. I dunno, maybe I would for anyone.

I have had a handful (or more) of dreams about breastfeeding someone elses baby.. they are WEIRD DREAMS- at least to me. and I really do NOT want to know what they 'mean'..LOL

But it was easy enough to breastfeed someone else's baby in the dream- maybe it's be fine.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If it's ok with the mom.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nope.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If it was cool with the other mom and she wasn't there.
    If she was there I would take over whatever else she was doing so that she could feed her own baby.
    A hungry baby is hungry and can't help themselves.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No way. I was uncomfortable breast feeding my own son let alone someone else's baby. I semi-agree with nathskitten. i would also take over whatever she was doing so that she could do the feeding. thats just weird, to me at least.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't even breast feed my own let alone someone elses. If the mother is that busy she can't do it then she should either pump and make sure she has a supply or put things off until she feeds her kid. That is not your child to feed even if the other mother says its okay, she is being a lazy parent by not providing food for her child and should be reported.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009