Is there a such thing as California queen size beds?

A new mattress given to me and DH not long ago by our neighbor. She had no use for it and didn't want to throw it away. Its pillow top, really nice, and queen size we thought. However, the sheets we had on our other queen size keep rolling up on the sides, and are constantly having to be yanked back down. The comforter we have doesn't even look like it fits. So I'm wondering if maybe its bigger than queen? Its not a king size because the mattress fits on our previous box springs. I just hate fighting with the stupid sheets while we're trying to sleep!

kbates1208

Asked by kbates1208 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Pillow topped mattresses generally require deeper pocket fitted sheets. You can purchase sheet corner holders to keep using the sheets you already have. I have found that queen sized blankets, comforters, and quilts have become smaller over the years so I buy the king sized now.
    Enjoy your new mattress!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009