How Many Packs Should We Buy?

Ok, I feel like such n00b over here. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and I haven't a CLUE as to how many packs of NB and size 1 diapers I should buy up? I had twins with my first pregnancy and people had already bought me enough diapers to get me through 3 months. With this one, we are buying the diapers already, even though I'm not due until September. We have a box of size 1 diapers that has, like, 90 in it and 2 size newborn diapers that have 80 in them.

Thanks for the help!

sebanasmommy

Asked by sebanasmommy at 6:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it all relly depends on how fast the baby grows...i would quit buying newborn diapers not many babies are in them for very long....just a suggestion
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i wouldnt keep buying newborns. just buy two more boxes of size 1 and then start on 2s. my son was in 3s more than anything, other than 5s cuz he still wears them at night but i dont count that lol.
    =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I would stop there. But my boys were never in newborn sizes. Well, my youngest was for a week (he was born early)

There is also a chance the baby will be sensitive to a certain brand of diapers.

Better to put the money into gift cards if you want...and keep them back specifically for diapers. (my niece went through 5 different brands before they found one that didn't make her break out!)

Or...buy the diapers but keep the receipts so you can return them if you purchase too many.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes, we received over 400 Pampers at the baby shower and dd was allergic to them . . BUMMER! I wouldn't buy anymore newborns and maybe just buy 2's and 3s, so you are stocked up and only have to buy a couple packs of 1s, depending on how big your baby is and how quickly he/she grows.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't keep buying newborns just because before my 2nd was born we went and got diapers for him. We never used them. He was too big for newborn diapers. It was a waste of money. :(
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It all depends on how big the baby is...my son was 9lbs 3ozs when he was born and never wore newborn diapers of clothes because he was too big, my daughter on the other had was 7lbs 2ozs and is 6 weeks old and wore NB diapers for about 3 weeks and is still in NB clothes...
    Nicole080984

Answer by Nicole080984 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I would by the diapers in whatever sizes you want to for know but tape the receipt to the box so that they can be exchanged later on if you need to. Or you could take the money that you would be buying the diapers with and put it in a jar of some sort labeled diaper funds. Then when you know what size diapers you will need you may purchase them.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 7:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If you want to start stockpiling. I know someone who put $5 on a walmart giftcard every time she went to the store. She didn't miss the 5 bucks and when the baby came she had enough on the card to diaper the baby for a year.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• it all depends on the baby. my son is 11 weeks old and still wearing newborn diaprs but he is very tiny.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009