My 10month old daughter sleeps on my chest at night, how can I get her to sleep next to me on the bed?

Anytime I try to lay her next to me on the bed she cries and then crawls on top of me.

bloodyblackrose

Asked by bloodyblackrose at 6:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i went through the same with my son- i would kinda hug him as i slowly turn on to my side so that it feels like he was still on my chest because i woudnt break the contact but his weight would be on the bed- if that makes sense- but that way hes not laying totally on me but he thinks he is because theres still that closeness- then eventually i was able to do that then once he settled in i would turn back to wutever position was comfy
    Anonymous

• Wait till she falls asleep and slowly start to roll her down but roll with her so she is sleeping next to your chest still, it may take a few times for it to work.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• She should be sleeping in her own bed. She will sleep better and so will you unless you want a 13 year old in your bed. You should put her to bed half way awake and let her cry it out. It may take a few nights but she wont die from it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Wrap your arms around her and roll onto your side. And slowly lay him down, but keep an arm around her until you know shes out for good. My son had the same issue. I just keep him snuggled in my arm
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• lay her next to on her side leaning aginst u and try to rock her by moving both ur bodies back and forth,and let her fuss alittle bit.pat her lower back and say shhhhhhh
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• you need to get her out of your bed and in her own or its going to be so harder when she gets older to get her in her own bed.
    achylegs

Answer by achylegs at 8:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• my lil one is 10months and she sleeps with me,i sleep better knowing she is right there.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009