Do you think it's wrong for a teenager to sleep in goodnites?

it is kind of a diaper. it helps them so teens don't wake up wet. my girlfirend thinks that if they are wetting the bed at that old, and don't have a mental disorder, they should have to suffer the consequences. i 100% disagree. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would take them to the doctor to see why they are peeing the bed.
    Anonymous

• If they're doing it deliberately, then yes, they should suffer the consequences. But I can't see any teenager deliberately wetting the bed, and willingly wearing goodnites, so it seems to me they need them. If they need them, they should wear them. But I would take them to a dr and try to find out WHY they are having this problem, and honestly, I would have taken them long before teen yrs.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yeah i would take him/her in, on george lopez the son had this problem and he had something wrong with his ueters or bladder... and everything you see on TV is true :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• definitley take them to see a doctor. I wet the bed until I was 19, because my bladder stopped growing when i was 7 years old, now i have to wake up 3 times a night to go pee. trust me, do whats best for your baby ♥
    Anonymous

• yes if the kid needs them they need them.
    momof2grls35

Answer by momof2grls35 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Wrong? No.
    But they should be seen by a doctor to make sure they don't have a medical problem.
    If they are fine and are not doing it on purpose, I'd try a bedwetting alarm. The older the child, the higher the success rate. In general these types of alarms are for ages 5 and up.

If they are doing it on purpose, then no. They can do their own laundry, even paying for the soap.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I dont think the teen would pee the bed for fun. you should go get his/her bladder checked out. or you can try setting the alarm to wake him/her in the night to go pee and then the body might learn to wake up when it needs to.
    achylegs

Answer by achylegs at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son had a bed wetting problem for years and often times it is a medical problem and he needs a MRI!! They have medication to help! I was told it could take until 12 to grow out of it!! I would seek medical help bc something is wrong!!
    katana4202

Answer by katana4202 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• The teenager needs to see a doctor to find out why he/she is still wetting the bed. Just because there is no mental disorder doesn't mean there isn't something physical wrong.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If a teenager is wetting the bed they need to be seen by a Dr. My husband's nephew wet the bed as a teenager and it ended up that he had some kind of disorder.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009