HAS ANYONE BEEN INDUCED??? HOW FAR ALONG WERE YOU???

ladyt09

Asked by ladyt09 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got induced at 37 weeks
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 6:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i was induced at 38 weeks. not something i reccomend doing by choice. it didn't turn out well for me, i labored for 3 days with no progress and had to have a c-section anyways.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was inducedat 36 weeks and had him after a relativelyy short, easy labor. Not something I'd recommend, but nothing to panic over if it's necessary.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was induced at abt 36-37 weeks. I actually prefer being induced because the whole time your in labor its controlled and relatively short!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I WANT TO KNOW WHY SOME OF YOU GOT INDUCED EARLY???

WAS IT A MEDICAL REASON?

because my doctors wont induce me lol..
    Anonymous

• I was induced @ 37 weeks and it was horrible! I was in labor for 36 hours and it was extremely painful.
    Anonymous

• I was induced b/c of Pre-E
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 7:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was induced at 40 wks and 5 days with my first daughter. My second came on her own on her due date. Now Im waiting for little Sean to make his enterance at the end of May. Cant wait.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have been (unnecessarily) induced twice - never again!! Babies give off a hormone when their lungs are ready which communicates to mommy's body - this is what sets labor into motion.

To prematurely *force* labor when it is not medically necessary (and it RARELY is) simply asks for more interventions and unnecessary discomfort, etc....and yes, even a premature baby who is born post-EDD....my smallest baby was born a day before 42 weeks (induced)....my largest (and by FAR my healthiest child) was born via spontaneous labor at 41w 6d. My induced babies were 1.5 pounds and 2.5 lbs LESS than my spontaneous baby....I will take a bigger, healthier baby any day!!

Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 7:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i had signs of preeclampsia
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 7:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009