Are you doing really great in all these economic hard times?

I mean, financially. If so, do you feel guilty? Do you try to hide the fact that you're doing well off?

I actually am so blessed right now and realize it even more after seeing some of these posts. Me and my husband just upgraded our house and moved to a bigger one in a nicer town. We haven't had to really cut back and still spend pretty much the same. We still go out to eat on the weekends, I just bought the kids all new summer clothes, we're getting some things done around the house.
Meanwhile lots of my friends are unemployed or in other bad situations. So I find myself not telling them stuff like we're getting the foyer floor redone in marble.

Is it just me?

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 6:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think me and myhusband are very fortunate in these times. Being in the army is really beneficial when things are hard. At 21 with one 3 yr old daughter and a son on the way we can afford for me to be a SAHM. We just bought a brand new truck last month. And abt 2 mnths ago got a brand new living room and bedroom set. I dont feel guilty but I do feel very blessed and thank God everyday for my family.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Right now we are not doing great,not only the economy, but hubby's business is construction so over the winter we always struggle just taking a bit longer to get out of the struggle this year. In the past when we were doing better financially than people around us I haven't really felt bad but just don't bring up things we are doing around certain family members who get pissy about it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We're doing better now. It was rough for us from Nov 2007 until just this month. But it's tax season now and dh is a CPA so that's why. Hopefully his business will continue to grow even after tax season is over.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We are pretty well compared to a lot right now... do we feel gulity? No, we worked for what we have and continue to do so.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Nope, we dont have that issue LOL.

If we get back on our feet well...Id not feel guilty but more blessed than anything.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Me and hubby aren't rich, but we're comfortable, got savings, no real bills, everything paid for and in the process of maybe buying a new home.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My husband and I are doing really well, we have just picked up two new huge contracts in the last week and are looking at getting a bigger house and we haven't cute spending. I feel sorry for the ones that had jobs and lost them but I do not try and hide the fact that we are doing well but I do not rub it in other people's faces either.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009