Vaccinating question...

My baby will be 4 months on the 18th of April. His baby well check-up is on the 22nd of April and I was wondering what happens if he gets sick? Does he still get his shots or what happens? It seems like my baby is starting to get sick. He coughs here and there from time to time (no phlegm just a dry cough). So I don't know what to do. Advice needed. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is sick...reschedule the vaccines. You can still take him in for the well baby--but most doctors don't want to vaccinate an ill child.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• call and let them know you think he's coming down with something, and they will let you know if they want to change it to another day.
    achylegs

Answer by achylegs at 7:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If he is sick and you're not comfortable with him getting his shots, by all means reschedule the vaccines. However, they can be given as long as he doesn't have a fever.

I'd still take him in for his well-visit, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009