Social Work?

If i wanted to do Social work, what degree do i need to go for? i feel like a re-re because i should know, but i am drawing blanks right now... thanx ♥

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Social Work is a degree itself. To really do anything with the degree where you're actually making decent money, you're going to need a master's degree. Bachelor's degrees pay somewhere between 25k-35k depending on area. Masters degrees are typically double that or more. Entirely depends on what area of social work you go into.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• NOBODY'S GONNA HELP ME?? :(
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think you need Psychology. I can't believe you just said re-re! I HATE that! My old neighbor used to say that all the time and it drove me nuts! That and tar tar . . . UUGGHH!!! If you can't tell, she was annoying!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• lol..sorry, maybe that's why no one helped...lol...

i am so lost... i can't figure it out and feel dumb, i was just looking into it... trying to figure out the associates that i need for it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Do you have a local community college? They would probably have a website that you could check.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• no idea... i am going to be going to school online... i just moved here not to long ago and don't know really anything... i guess i will search some more... :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have a Bachelors in SW, and i agree with the poster that said you cant make a good salary on just a bachelors. you will eventually need your MSW ((Masters in Social work). Look around, and search for colleges that offer BSW (Bachelors in Social Work), and get that first. That will take you 4 years to get. Then the Masters is another year. Hope that helped!
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2009