Heavy discharge with cramping?

I have been having cramping off and on for the last 2-1/2 weeks, like my period is about to start. It's usually every other day or so in the mid-afternoon (EVERY time! lol). But, when I check, it's just thick white discharge. The only time I usually have any discharge is during ovulation (which was a week and a half ago), so this is odd for me. Does anybody else ever have heavy, unexplained discharge with cramping? I think it would be a good idea to talk to my doctor about this (I need a Pap anyway), but I just wanted a point of reference so I go in to my appointment informed about any likely possibilities.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• Is it possible that you are pregnant?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OP here: It's possible I'm pregnant, but unlikely. On the one hand, I'm a fertile female who has sex. On the other, we use two forms of birth control correctly every time we have any sexual contact. I'll ask my doctor to test me when I see her. Thank you for the reply. : )
    Anonymous

• You can have cramps with a bad yeast infection... ?
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 7:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OP here: The only reason I didn't automatically assume it was a yeast infection is because there's no itching or burning, and it doesn't smell at all. But I will ask my doctor about this, too, when I see her. I'm not ruling anything out at this point.
    Anonymous