scared to death....

IM AM 39 WEEKS TO DAY MY BABY ISNT MOVING LIKE HE USED TTO MOVE LAST WEEK HE MOVED ALL THE TIME NOW I DONT FEEL HIM MOVING AT ALL.. I JUST HAD MY BABY SHOWER ON SATURDAY AND I WAS THE ONE DOING ALL THE DECORATING AND CLEANING UP AND EVERYTHING I KID YOU NOT. EVERY BODY WAS LIKE "SIT DOWN AND RELAX" BUT I JUST COULDNT BECAUSE I KNEW IF I SAT DOWN IT WOULDNT OF HAVE GOT DONE SO I HAD TO DO IT MY SELF. I WAS REALLY DOING A LOT AND LAST NIGHT I CLEANED UP THE WHOLE NURSERY AND WASHED ALL HIS THINGS AND PUTTING EVERYTHING THAT I GOT AWAY AND MOVING FUNITURE AND HANGING UP BABY POSTERS AND LITTLE CUTE DECORATIONS FOR HIS ARRVIAL..I CANT WAIT UNTIL HE FINALLY COMES HOME BUT WILL HE IS IS OKAY DID I HURT HIM BY DOING TO MUCH? IM SCARED I GOT A DOCTOR'S APPT TOMARROW I HOPE HES IS FINE. WHAT COULD IT BE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you're going to the doc tomorrow I would relax. Tell them your concerns and they'll check everything out. Sometimes in the later weeks they slow down a bit because there just isn't as much room as there was before.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think that you are ok, but I'm no doctor. The baby starts to slow way down when they are getting ready for their arrival :) And it sounds like you are definitely nesting!! lol.
    What I suggest is mark down everytime you feel him move, and if you are truly worried.. call your OB!! They will tell you if they are worried and such.
    KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 7:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• First and for most your NESTING BIG TIME!! And while you can over do it and over tire yourself it is unlikely to harm your baby.

HOWEVER, you should lay down on your left side RIGHT NOW and drink some really sweet juice. Count how many times your baby kicks. He should kick 2 times in 2 hours. If this doesn't happen go to labor and delivery ASAP!
    Anonymous

• Your just going through the nesting stage. Your baby is probably running out of room in there to move. mine stopped moving alot when i get real close to delivery. but when he moved it was huge. my whole belly would shift. =) I wouldnt stress about it. Just be honest with your doctor and if he/she feels somethings wrong, they'll let you know. you just need to relax.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You can try to kind of tickle him a bit. I used to do that all time when I was worried. You just kind of poke your belly a little (not too hard). Often baby will kick back. But it's probably like the PPs said. He's just running out of space. The other thing you can do is drink something ice cold, and lots of it. That'll often wake a sleepy baby, too.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 8:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ur like me if u dont do it it wont be done !!! but u should relax enjoy the end of ur pregnancy...

and hes fine eat something cold it makes them move  i also tickle my babies just relax girl

ur going to the doc :)

mymiracletwins

Answer by mymiracletwins at 8:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009