would you ever consider sending your child/ren to private school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I am planning on sending my son to private school...as long as I can afford it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes. The school system here is so poorly funded and overcrowded that I am seriously considering sending my children to private school. I don't feel guilty about it since my taxes will continue to support the public school system-- hopefully they'll figure out a good way to use it!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• depending on where we live at the time (husband is in the navy) yes. while we were in MS we found that the school systems SUCKED! we had a friend who had mexican heritage the teachers and students berrated her for her looks. another child we knew was allowed to skip a grade (after failing the third time) if her mother signed the form, then her mother wanted to know why she had trouble the next year. just really bad system if we were still there our daughter would def be going to private school, so it will depend on the system
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Where I live, my sons will NOT be going to public schools! They SUCK in my entire area. Overcrowding, HORRIBLE school scores, I want my son to learn ENGLISH as he has had a hard enough time and has to have learned Sign Language as his "first" language. Also the district where I live is HORRIBLE with regards to spending there money and making things safe (used to work there, so I know the true inside story also!)
    ShawnaLT1

Answer by ShawnaLT1 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes. I sent my son to one. I tried putting my grandkids in one but they didn't want to go. Many allow breaks in tuition if you do volunteer work for the school.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• nope. my kids will be going to a traditional school (uniforms, small class sizes, but funded by the city). the private schools here all require religious commitment. and although we go to church fairly regularly, hubby does not and none of us are that religious. i went to a private school from grades 4-7, and i hated it.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• NEVER!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i teach in a charter school .... the city school is bad! but i dont live in the same town,,, if i thought the school was not teaching my child well i would certainly try it... my son is 3 and currently goes to Montessori preschool... i do like alternative teaching styles.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes, i do currently. It is the prime choice for education!
    Anonymous

• where else?
    Anonymous